The news of the last few weeks are:
1) On February 25, Mt Ida College announced its intent to merge with Lasell College, but the deal ultimately fell through one month later.
2) On March 6, Mount Ida neighbors received a letter from Brendon Homes, inviting us to see the latest version of their plans to destroy Carlson Ave Woods.
3) On March 14, some of us attended that meeting, and nothing new. They're still planning to destroy Carlson Ave Woods.
4) In Late March, we received two letters of "Notification to Abutters under the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Newton Wetlands Protection Ordinance" regarding Brendon Properties' application for permits that would allow it to "remove dredge or alter an area subject to protection..." and one that set it on the Agenda for the Conservation Commission meeting on April 5, 2018.
5) On April 5, we learned that in that evening's meeting of the Conservation Commission, Brendon Properties' application will not be assessed, and that it has been rescheduled for April 26, same time, same place.